Sunday, June 21, 2009

Proud New Parents of a - Puppy! Funny Story

So for Father's day the Primary sang a group of songs during Sacrament meeting. Abby loves it now that she is a big Sunbeam and can go up on "stage" and sing. She stood right in front with her little head poking up above the 1/2 wall. After the songs were over Abby dropped to the ground. I was just kind of watching and wondering where she went. ( we were in the back, as usual) I then notice some kids tripping and some older kids bending down trying to pick her up. Then I see the Bishop lunge forward trying to grab her. . . but misses. I was just thinking that I'm going to have to go up there and retrieve her when I hear "barking". I'm thinking, "oh my gosh who let a dog in here" then I'm thinking wow, that kind of sounds like Abby. Then to my horror I see her on all fours galloping down the isle barking like a dog! The entire congregation is laughing and I am just ducking my head hoping no one will know she's mine. She made it almost to the overflow and the barking is getting louder so I nudge Andy to go retrieve her ( I was holding Jake, so I got out of that one). It took several minutes for us all to recover. I'm sure she was the topic of everyone's Father's Day. We are so proud!

6 comments:

Mel said...

That is hilarious! If all of us moms got together and published a book of the embarrasing moments thanks to our kiddos it would be a best seller!

SeelyFamily said...

Oh my gosh, that was the funniest story! I can only imagine...
Last year Ali started clapping and cheering in Sacrament meeting after the YW sang a song, I thought that was pretty funny but Abby the puppy is WAY better!

Val and Dan said...

Oh Cami, that was hilarious. Funniest thing I've heard in a long time. I SO wish I could have been there to see that. Priceless.

Laura Campbell said...

HAHAHA!! Abby is so hilarious! Oh I'm still laughing.

Carrie said...

Too funny! That will be one she will never lives down.

Gina said...

I love that story! That is so funny. Some of my friends here in Omaha want to buy some of your elastic to make headbands. They love the ones that Mollie wears. So I may be contacting you about that! :) Hope you guys are doing well.