Monday, April 5, 2010

Abby's Tinker Bell Party

This was Abby's Tinkerbell Cake. I am crazy busy right now and so went with a bakery cake. It was my first time buying one and it was really good. I'm not sure I'll ever go back to making my own...it was too easy.

For the party the kids painted little treasure boxes and then "bedazzled" them. After that we played some games including "Tinker, Tinker, Tinker,...BELL!" as see here. Think duck duck goose.

Abby loved this game and always wanted to be it.

After that we went on a treasure hunt. The kids put their wings on, I sprinkled them with pixie dust, and off we went on our adventure. I'll have to admit I think I got some real bonus points for this one...after it was over the kids said this was the "best birthday party ever!" That made all the hard work worth it + I scored some way cool mom brownie points.

Abby opened her presents and then we had cake and icecream.

Abby's little friends are so cute and were so fun to have at the party. Even Dean, the only boy at the party was a good sport through it all!

3 comments:

Liesl Shurtliff said...

So adorable. Love the bakery cakes. DIY is entirely overrated.

Carrie said...

Looks like a lot of fun! At our house it would be a bunch of sword-wielding pirates running around!!

Ashlee said...

Olivia loved the party! What a cool mom you are!!