Thursday, September 15, 2011

A few pictures of the House

Here is our kitchen. Remember I am painting the cabinets antique white with a glaze finish. So ignore their current ugly state. We also purchased a medium brown country table that will look much better. It is really heavy (made with real wood) and so is still in the garage. Hopefully we'll get it in soon. The microwave and cabinet are really high (per the code) but we will be lowering them down. It's on the list...if you know what I mean. LOL


Oh, and please ignore my non - matching white fridge. Every real estate agents nightmare that our appliances don't match! I am currently accepting donations towards the purchase of a nice stainless fridge, Hah! The hutch was a craigslist steal at $50.00! It is an antique made with real wood. I haven't decided if I'm going to paint it or restain it or what so for now it stays as is.


Here is looking into the family room from the kitchen. We still need to unpack, decorate, etc. etc. etc.


Below is a picture of the bar stools we got for the island. I have put 2 together, there are 3 total. I like the wood finish and design but not the black seat fabric. I haven't decided if I will recover them or just leave them. They are really great for cleaning so the black may stay a while. Plus there is a bit of black in the countertop so it's growing on me. They spin 360 degrees and are sturdy so Jacob can climb up and down without pulling them over. Purchased from overstock.com with a 20% discount!

1 comment:

Lisa Hobbs said...

Looks cute Cami! I am totally going to paint our cabinets white too! I have been drooling over several picture I have found online that I really want! You will have to let me know how yours goes! I have a friend that did it to her cabinets, so I am going to get her advice! Good luck with all the decorating! Man, a new house is a TON of work!