Friday, December 23, 2011

Decorating for Christmas

Decorating the Tree


We finally have a star! In years past I've simply put a bow on top of the tree but this year I wanted a star. Abby picked this one out, it even lights up.



Ornaments


Our tree is mix of ornaments that remind us of Christmases past. This one is made of paper and was made by me when I was 4. Abby told me that I was very talented for a 4 year old.



This one is special because my Great Grandma made it. I believe each one of my siblings have one.

Each year the kids get a new ornament that reminds us of them or something that happened that year. My parents did this for my siblings and I wanted to carry on the tradition. Jacob is currently obsessed with cars so he got a car ornament. He would rather wheel it around then put it on the tree.

Abby got this cute snowman because when it snows this is the first and most important thing she does. The colors made me think of her as well.


Sugar Cookies







2 comments:

Laura Campbell said...

Such cute pics! I love your new house! We do the same tradition with the ornaments. I used to want a "pretty" tree, but now I LOVE our tree with the hodge-podge assortmant of ornaments. :) Mark and I have some on there from when we were little too and our kids think they're pretty cool. Anyway, Merry Christmas!

Joe, Amanda, Kylee, and Ty said...

Aaron has that same ornament on his tree that you made when you were 4. That really made me laugh. Love all the decorations!