Monday, December 19, 2011

A Recap, Let's Start With ThanksGiving!!!

I realize I've been a bit MIA on this blog so thought I would post about everything we've been up to and be patient, cuz it's a lot. I'll post over the next few days.


An Indian Costume for School

Here in PA the children dress up as either a Pilgrim or Indian on the last day of school before Thanksgiving break. Abby had mentioned wanting to be an Indian but I didn't think it was really a big deal. Apparently is WAS a BIG DEAL because the night before she was in tears because I hadn't made her a costume! So at 7:00 pm I ran to JoAnn's got the supplies came home and by 8:15 pm had a super cute Indian costume made. Made with what you ask, well Hot Glue of course (still haven't found my sewing machine pedal, sigh). It made me gald that I could do something special for her and reminded me of all the times my Mom had done stuff like that for me.





Thanksgivig Day!

Our Menu:


Turkey

Homemade Gravy

Barth Family Mashed Potatoes

Sausage, Cranberry stuffing

Vanilla Sweet Potatoes

Homemade Cranberry Sauce

Green Beans

Homemade Rolls


Dessert: Pumpkin Torte, Apple Crisp, Chocolate Torte


The Turkey turned out soooo good. I followed this recipe from Our Best Bites and it was super yummy!
Uncle Clark joined us for the weekend and it was so nice to have him. It made cooking all that food so much more worth it if you know what I mean. Jacob was asleep during the meal which worked out well because we enjoyed a peaceful dinner. But don't feel bad, he got plenty of food when he woke up.



No comments: