Monday, May 23, 2011

Here it is ...Our New Home!

Ok, so this isn't exactly our new home, all we have right now is dirt. We are building a home with Ryan Homes, the Rome Model. Pictured above and below are models I found online. The one I love is above:) and the one we are getting is below. To add stone and such was lets just say "not in the budget". So we are going with all siding in the hope that one day we will be able to add the stone.


Our home is going have...


  • Elevation C - it adds an extra foot to the loft upstairs and gives a bit of overhang over the door.

  • Khaki Siding, LOVE!

  • Almond Trim, HATE! - want white, really want white but Ryan Homes won't let me get it:(

  • Brown Shudders, they're ok, I really wanted black but again Ryan Homes doesn't budge

  • Plum Door, HATE! I want Cranberry Red, ...


We went with the color scheme that seemed the easiest to change to suit our tastes. I figure I can paint the shudders and the door but replacing/painting the siding would be too much. So we chose our favorie siding color and will have to live with the rest.

We chose Valencia Brick for the "to grade" brick work that starts at the ground and goes until the siding starts.


We break ground this week with an estimated move in sometime in August...can't wait!

No comments: