Friday, May 13, 2011

I saved some money!

Anyone who knows me knows that I love to shop and shop and shop. Its theuraputic and fun! I've seriously been dying inside as I see deal after deal in my Inbox, 30% off at the Gap Outlet...yep past it up. Gymboree Circle of Friends ...yep past that one up too and the list goes on. We are in the middle of buying a home right now so I can in no way spend any money that isn't truly necessary. So, to cure my need for retail therapy I am focussing on Grocery Shopping because hey, that is a need, right? Now, I know my mom will be impressed because she loves me and everything I do is great, right mom, "Wink Wink". Andy, not so much because if it wasn't free then it wasn't a good deal. :( Well, I didn't get free but look what I did get for $26.00! ( I know that it's a lot of Pepsi, don't judge me)
Here's what I got:
48 yes 48 cans of Diet Pepsi
2 packages of Extra Long Grain Rice
1 jar of Bertolli Marinara
1 Bottle of Dawn
1 Mr Clean Bathroom Cleaner
5 packets of mexican seasoning
2 tubes of toothpaste
1 toothbrush
2 boxes of Cereal
2 boxes of Lipton Beefy Onion

I saved 50% on these groceries because here in PA stores double the value of your coupon! Coming from CA, I had never even seen that done before. I was so nervous when I went to checkout, I had so many questions and I think the checkout lady thought I was a bit crazy.

On a side note. Abby wants everyone to know that she can carry Jacob while walking. She is thrilled, Jacob not so much!

3 comments:

Todd and Whitney said...

I don't know what you're talking about... Jacob seems so thrilled to be picked up by Abby!
I'm also very impressed with your coupon skills! I've tried to get into it but just don't ever end up having the energy!

Kori said...

I, too have gotten into couponing lately. It is SO addicting!!!

I am also addicted to Diet Pepsi. :)

Sarah B said...

I love the two totally opposite expressions on Abby and Jake's faces! I hope Abby realizes that little brother of hers will probably be way bigger than her someday.
Cami, your money saving skills are way impressive! Way to go!!